Fitness Center Information
4500 Belmont Road
Downers Grove, IL 60515
Welcome to 4500 Fitness! A facility of the Downers Grove Park District which is housed within the Recreation Center. 4500 Fitness provides the highest quality of fitness and wellness programs available.
4500 Fitness provides a friendly community atmosphere that promotes a healthy lifestyle in a comfortable environment.
The Recreation Center and 4500 Fitness are both committed to offering services and programs that promote healthy lifestyles and enhance body and mind. Here, you'll find a friendly and knowledgeable staff who will help you meet your fitness goals; a wide array of group classes for every interest and to fit every schedule; open gyms that let you hit the court running and seminars and other opportunities to learn more about healthy living. You'll also find people just like you who want to get fit and have fun at a welcoming facility close to home.
Annual memberships can be purchased at the Recreation Center, 4500 Belmont Road. Call (630) 960-7250 for information.
Fitness Center Hours
|Monday-Friday||5:00 am - 10:00 pm||Monday-Friday||8:00 am - 8:00 pm|
|Saturday||6:00 am - 7:00 pm||Saturday & Sunday||8:00 am - 3:00 pm|
|Sunday||7:00 am - 6:00 pm|
|Click on the holiday hours tab under Facilities for hours of operation on park district holidays|
4500 Fitness Annual Memberships include:
- Personal viewing screens
- Friendly, professional certified staff
- State-of-the-art facility
- More than 40 cardiovascular machines
- Reduced rates on Group Exercise & Premier classes
- Free admission to open gyms - excluding batting cage & parent/tot gymnastics
- 3-lane suspended walking/running track (9 laps/mile)
- Steam rooms (located in each locker room)
- Equipment orientation
- Special rates on programs & services
- Towel service
Includes a 30-minute introduction to cardiovascular equipment and some selectorized resistance machines. Our nationally certified personal training staff will instruct you on proper form, technique and starting positions. Sign up at the Fitness Center desk. The fitness orientation is free for annual and summer members only. For program design, personal training is recommended.
The suspended indoor track allows you to plan your walking/running routine regardless of the weather. The three-lane track (9 laps/mile) overlooks the main gymnasium and offers views of the Downers Grove Park District Golf Course.
Indoor Track Fees
|Daily Pass||$2||$3 (valid only on purchase date)|
|Senior 3-month Pass||$25||$38|
|Senior Annual Pass||$100||$150|
|Passes are non refundable/nontransferable|
All track users must be fitness members, track pass holders or paid daily fee users.
- Please stop at the Front Desk
to swipe Play Pass or pay daily fee
before entering track area
- Track participants must be a minimum of 7 years of age.
- Ages 7 to 12 must purchase a pass and be accompanied by a paying adult, unless certified through Teen Fitness University
- Ages 13 and older must purchase a pass and can participate without a parent/guardian
- No strollers, cleats, spikes or walking poles allowed
- Proper athletic footwear and attire are required, shirt and shoes must be worn.
- Slower paced users please stay to the inside and middle lanes (no more than two users side by side).
- When passing, please use an appropriate distance (2 to 3 body lengths) before
Senior rate available for 62 years or better
Locker Room Facilities
Fitness Center and gymnasium locker rooms are available. Long-term locker rentals are available for an additional fee. A six-month rental is $30 and a 12-month rental is $60. Rental lockers are located in the hallway leading to the fitness locker rooms. Stop by the Registration Desk to rent today!