saturday, september 29
DG 5&8 Miler: 7:30 - 9:30 AM
Harvest Fest: 10 am - 7 pm
Volunteers are needed for the DG 5&8 Miler on Saturday, Sept. 30 from 7-10:30 AM. All volunteers will receive a long-sleeve tech shirt and a snack! This is an awesome opportunity for students looking for volunteer credits or for those looking for a fun way to give back to the community! To volunteer, call Brian DeWolf at 630.960.7468 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saturday, September 29 at 7:30am
Celebrating 41 years of tradition!
Our annual race will kick off a day of family fun at Harvest Fest! Racers can choose to compete in the 5- or 8-mile courses both starting at the Lincoln Center and finishing at Fishel Park. Awards are given to the top finishers in the male and female age divisions. Both courses are CARA- and USATF-certified.
The first 500 registered racers receive
VIEW RACE MAP
Early bird rates end August 17
||By Aug. 17
||Aug. 18 to Sept. 25 at 4 pm
Day-of registration will be available at the Lincoln Center from 6:15 to 7:15 am on Sept. 29.
day-of registration form
Race Packet Pick Up
Runners who have pre-registered by 4 pm on Tuesday, Sept. 25 may pick up their race packets including their bibs and shirts Thursday and Friday, September 27 and 28 from 4:00 - 7:00 p.m. at the Recreation Center, 4500 Belmont Road.Directions to the Recreation Center
Day-of packet pick up will be available at the Lincoln Center before the race.
- Parking: Recommended parking is in the parking garage located off Mochel Drive. Directions
- Event Alert System: Prior to the race, please become familiar with our event alert system for weather and course conditions. Read EAS information
- Start Line: The race begins at 7:30 am at the Lincoln Center located at 935 Maple Ave. Directions
- Finish Line: The race ends by 9:30 am at Fishel Park located on Grove Street. Racer snacks, medals and awards will be located near the finish line. Directions
- Gear Check: Available at the Lincoln Center starting at 6:30 am Gear pickup will be available at the finish line at Fishel Park.
- Water Stations: Four water stations will be available throughout the course as well as snacks at the finish line.
- Recommended Viewing Areas: Family and friends can find recommended viewing areas in our race map.
Volunteers are needed for the DG 5&8 Miler on Saturday, Sept. 29 from 6-9:30 AM. All volunteers will receive a long-sleeve tech shirt and a snack! This is an awesome opportunity for students looking for volunteer credits or for those looking for a fun way to give back to the community! To volunteer, call Brian DeWolf at 630.960.7468 or email at email@example.com.
SPONSOR harvest fest and the dg 5&8 Miler
Generate more visibility for your brand within Downers Grove and help us to host this event that enhances our community and contribute to Downers Grove's reputation as one of the region's best places to live and work.
Celebrate fall with a day of fun for the entire family at the Downers Grove Park District Harvest Fest! The day will kick off at 7:30 am with the DG 5&8 Miler--a scenic competitive race through Downers Grove. Enjoy live entertainment, the Pumpkin Patch Children's Area, a bags area and pie-eating contest. Good eats, beer, wine and cider will be available for purchase.
Harvest Fest: 3,000+ visitors
DG 5&8 Miler: 250+ racers